“During the past 20 years there has been a dramatic increase in obesity in the United States. In 2009, only Colorado and the District of Columbia has a prevalence of obesity less than 20%.” - CDC U.S. Obesity Trends by State 1985-2009
Weight gain is not the problem it is another symptom of poor health. It is the outward manifestation of imbalances within the body. The secret to stay thin is no different than the secret to stay healthy. We need to correct the imbalances within our body.
5 Ways To Think About Weight Loss:
1. Food: Properly prepared nutrient dense meals provides adequate caloric intake.
Action: Count nutrients not calories.
2. Digestion: Proper stomach pH is needed for micronutrient absorption.
Action: Chew your food for 30+ seconds before swallowing.
3. Blood Sugar Balance: High glycemic foods will increase your insulin level leading to increased fat storage.
Action: Cut your sugar consumption in 1 / 2.
4. Essential Fatty Acids: Healthy fats in the diet provides satiation thereby reducing the overall caloric intake.
Action: Use coconut and/or olive oil as a topping on your meals
5. Hydration: The body can confuse thirst for hunger.
Action: Drink 1 / 2 your body weight in ounces of water.